A fine blend of all things Nuts: Multimedia Collections, Toys, Foods, Concerts, Occasional Petting Zoo Visits, etc.

Tuesday, September 19, 2023

X-Men '97 Wolverine Claws (2023)

 


Spirit, you spoil me~

You’re going to have to examine them carefully, because the three pairs at the first store I visited were scuffed-up pretty grievously. The next only had one set. They aren’t flawless, but none of my blades are. Compared to the ones at the initial stop, these are pristine. The sculpting is exactly what I’d expect. Top marks. They can flex side to side, but only if you’re applying that vector of force, to them. Even then, shaking your hand sideways barely causes them to move. They’re exactly as sturdy as I’d like them to be. They’re a dream, in this regard.

Their business length (i.e., past the knuckle curves) is 11’’.

As previously mentioned, my hands are decently large. These work, but with an important caveat: If I want them to properly hug the top curve of my hand, for pictures making them appear as if they are protruding from the skin on the back of my hand, I have to grip them with the lower parts of my fingers, at a higher position, as opposed to just holding the bars. In point of fact, the space provided for a person’s knuckles is too big for me, which is weird, because I figured these were made for kids. Even as someone who cracks his knuckles, I don’t innately fill them out. But, the effect is achievable.

The bars look pretty small (which is why I thought they were for kids), but holding onto them fully, knuckle-gaps be damned, is perfectly comfortable. It’s exactly how I’ve always imagined a pair would feel. Usually, when people have made their own, or gotten them from Etsy, plain metal or wooden bars are used. I am so ridiculously pleased that thought went into the fact that these will be sitting on a shelf, most of the time.

Will there be a second release, with his brown and yellow costume, in mind?

Could I get a set of bone claws with wifebeater-white and denim-patterned paint? Please?!


I’m not going to lie, purchasing these is invariably a gamble. You can kinda squeeze yourself in, to grip the bars, a little bit, when they’re strapped to the cardboard, but not fully. Not without wrecking the board. Don’t be that guy. Accept that these are a dice-roll. I’m enough of a whackjob fanboy nutter to have taken the chance. Partially because these are probably the best I'm going to find on a retail shelf, for the foreseeable future.

No, do not bring up Marvel’s equivalent of Decade/Gokaiger, to me.

Now, excuse me while I go order those Jubilee glasses…SOLD OUT. SON OF A…


4 Movies They Will Never Erase, No Matter How Hard They Try out of 5

No comments :