A fine blend of all things Nuts: Multimedia Collections, Toys, Foods, Concerts, Occasional Petting Zoo Visits, etc.

Saturday, September 9, 2023

Dolanus Summer Party Water Pistol (mfg. 2023)

I have already been to multiple Spirit stores, this year. It’s crazy how early they chose to open. But, believe me, I am not complaining! From what I’ve seen of their wares, it appears that they are no longer selling the black M92Fs, only safety orange.

I completely understand.

I absolutely bought one, because I thought it may well have been my only recourse. I tried to convince myself that it was apropos, since Murphy is wearing orange, at the end of his and Anne’s journey, when the truth is revealed.

Wouldn’t stick.

Then, something occurred to me: Since Anne is one of the protagonists of Downpour, a watergun would be an ingenious solution. And, it was! …For a while. Ooooh, I spoiled that there’s another upcoming review~ I have to say that the world of watergun sales is an absolutely wild one. I almost think…well, you know the rest of this sentence. Weird text, almost every seller having suspiciously low feedback, different listings disappearing and showing up every day…

WTF.

There’s almost nothing wrong with this one, if you can manage to find the damn thing. It was the exact same price as Spirit’s, but the plastic is so incredibly dense, in comparison. Plus, you get three clips! They leak, EVER SO SLIGHTLY. Like a random, individual drop will show itself, here and there; not at all constantly. I hope you’re not thinking about playing inside with a watergun, to begin with. Both fill them up and play with this outside, IN YOUR YARD, NOT IN PUBLIC.

THE TOP MOVES WHEN YOU SHOOT!!!
No, I don’t know firearm anatomy, tyvm. The slide, it seems?

The spring mechanism holding in the clips doesn’t FEEL great, when being pressed, but it is surprisingly effective…unless you’re a lefty. Even then, just don’t squeeze the grip super hard. Once you have a clip drop out on you, you’ll be aware of how to handle it. And, unlike those translucent ones sold with other (usually battery-powered) waterguns, these won’t break from a person-level drop. As someone who has owned and reviewed a lot of toys, I’m telling you, the plastic is great. I was reliably able to get 40 shots from each. I’m impressed, based on the waterguns I’ve previously had in my life.

There is one bit of marketing exaggeration afoot: Those hilariously photoshopped pictures claim that it can shoot up to 32’. I would say it’s about 10’, at best. I’m fine with that, now, and I feel like I would have been fine with that when I was a child, too. If you’re not, then you’ll have to go with another item. *shrug*

The tip, the…ejection port (fancy~), and the trigger are orange. Also, the plugs on the bottom of the clips. Obviously, that wasn’t enough to bother me, as opposed to the other one, which was entirely orange, except for the trigger.

It’s a VERY nice size. I have decently large hands, and it honestly feels a bit big, in them. Good times!

I was happy with it for the short time that it was on display, and I’m honestly over the moon with it, now having actually used it!

4½ Types of Imprisonment out of 5

1 comment :

Dr Faustus said...

I'd no idea such a thing existed. +_+

I don't mean water pistols, they were on almost every market stall when I was a kid, but a water pistol with clips?! That's progress.