A fine blend of all things Nuts: Multimedia Collections, Toys, Foods, Concerts, Occasional Petting Zoo Visits, etc.

Friday, September 15, 2023

Ju(n)da Toys Swat Team: Swat 9mm Pistol (mfg. 2023)

 



We did it, again! Pokémon evolution of costume weaponry. FUCK. YES.

I was in a discount store, wandering the toy aisles, with no aim in mind, when this was just there, in my face. Eye-level. Undeniable.

I was glad when the blue of the Dolanus pistol was darker than it appears in promotional photography, but this, THIS is what I’ve had in mind on this quest. It’s so goddamn good, man. Yes, I attempted to crudely color-correct the photo. It's deep blue, but looks alarmingly lighter under a flash, is the salient point. What you see is not only how it looks in my subterranean abode, but also how it appeared, in store.

It’s a similar mold to Spirit’s, but slightly more resilient. I would still avoid dropping it, but it genuinely does feel more sturdy. The battery door is actually flush with the bottom of the grip, on this one. That’s a definite aesthetic improvement. The sound seems similar to the orange’s audio clip, which is better than the black one's. I'm going based on memory for the latter comparison; if I'm wrong, tough.

THE SLIDE MOVES WHEN YOU PULL THE TRIGGER, JUST LIKE THE DOLANUS!!! And, it can actually be clicked into place, for display. DUDE!!!

There were two stickers on opposite sides to one another, on the barrel: One branding it, “Swat Team - Swat Play Set,” and one with manufacturing information. Peculiarly, it added an ’n’ to Juda Toys’ name. They came off cleanly with no hassle whatsoever. So did the price sticker slapped over the original valuation. Selling it for a dollar more than intended? Cheeky bastards. Even still, it was half the price of the others! What the hell, Spirit? It's almost like you're owned by a large corporate entity 😝

If you're buying this for a young person, I must mention that...whatever the hell this thing is, was in the box, as well:

Seriously, what is this? There's a warning for small objects on the box, yes, but this is the only small object, since the battery door is (insanely well) screwed on. I dunno. Adults and older folks should remove the item from the box, and dispose of thiiiis thiiiiing, before handing it over to the intended recipient 😦

You know, over the past 24 hours, I've realized how much I appreciate about the Dolanus, and become smitten with its functionality. They both have aspects that are representative of Anne, and her gun.

Larfleeze is rubbing off on me...

4 Justice Missions out of 5

I fucking love bootleg toys 😂😂😂



No comments :