A fine blend of all things Nuts: Multimedia Collections, Toys, Foods, Concerts, Occasional Petting Zoo Visits, etc.

Tuesday, March 21, 2023

Hero's Edge Fire Axe ()

Camera is borked; this makes me laugh *shrug*

This contains something known to California to cause cancer or birth defects.
Ergo, don't buy one if you're pregnant or generally fearful.

This doesn't have a name, so I'm just using the one from the game.
Use your eyes and mind when shopping. You'll figure it out. 
I have faith.
 
Murphy's are radically red. Tell me something I don't know~ Relatedly, I did say that a fire axe was more apropos, for him. Ummm, this now counts as my second weapon for Alex, because while it's too far removed from Murphy's, damn is the head spot-on to Alex's. Took me a while to admit that, but here we are. It's a great piece, in spite of the objective criticism that I'm ultimately going to deliver; I have no intention of giving it up, unless a friend happens to ever want it.
 
Unlike the Rusty Axe, the handle on this one is rock solid. I can't squish it for the life of me. It might as well actually be wood. It's incredible! Especially compared to the one that I checked out at Halloween City, last year. That one had a cold, clammy, gummy feel to it. I imagine it would degrade and get full-on sticky VERY FAST. Avoid that one!
 
DON'T HIT ANYONE OR ANYTHING WITH THIS, OR SWING IT LIKE AN OLYMPIAN, BECAUSE EYE-RELATED CATASTROPHE IS 100% POSSIBLE. Yep, the head comes off just the same as the other one, and you can swap them if you are so inclined. I don't think they look good reversed, but you do you!

The blade absolutely needed more paint, right on the edge itself. More red is more accurate, right? Rationalization, ahoy!

As such—and as with Henry's—I'm pleased since I got it as cheap as I did. Unfortunately, the paint on the blade makes it such that I don't recommend getting this for full price, even if you adore Murphy Alex. C'est la vie~
 
I went back to one of these for Murphy. It is my truth, in this regard.


3½ Beautifully Routed Rounds of Backtracking out of 5

No comments :