A fine blend of all things Nuts: Multimedia Collections, Toys, Foods, Concerts, Occasional Petting Zoo Visits, etc.

Sunday, December 13, 2015

Build and Morph LionZord (2012)


The build and morph line may require you to assemble the toys comprising it, but they need no painting, no sprue-pruning, and no glue. Even someone as clumsy as me can manage. A Mega Mode figure of Samurai Red is included, but it tends to twist apart while posing, whereas the mecha itself does not. That’s of no concern, to me, as I own(ed) this for the sole purpose of having an origami for Kaoru that can could actually execute the Gokaku Daikaen. In that capacity, this is utter perfection. The underside is hollow but it can assume every stand-alone mode of which Shishi Origami is capable, in addition to performing that previously elusive attack. Win. Win. Win.

2018 Update: I was bagging this up to be donated, today, and I have to say that 2015 Neg was blackout drunk on the Kaoru Kool-Aid when he reviewed this. It's one of the most rickety things I've ever laid hands on and it's a shame that that didn't actively occur to me until I was ready to part with it. Atrociously thin plastic across the board with a head and mouth attached via microscopic pegs aching to turn white from stress and break off.

No.

No. No. No. No.

5 Domestic Solutions to International Problems out of 5
1 More Reason I Have Zero Business Reviewing Things out of 5

No comments :