A fine blend of all things Nuts: Multimedia Collections, Toys, Foods, Concerts, Occasional Petting Zoo Visits, etc.

Saturday, February 25, 2017

Souchaku Henshin Kamen Rider Den-O Liner Form (2007)


One could argue that any version of Den-O that they possess is good enough to encompass and represent Ryoutarou himself. However, for me, to be 100% respectful to the character and his growth, there are only two options: Liner OR Super Climax. While Blade’s King Form is undeniably the most gorgeous Souchaku Henshin I know of, I’d have to argue that this one is the most functional and solidly made that I’ve experienced. The Figuart wasn’t around when I had this and frankly, yes, you should go that route now that you can. Still, this looks much less bulky than earlier SH figures and if you have the taste for these predecessors, it remains a very nice option. There are even molded holding-hands included, since I know the thought of SH hands holding the DenKamen Sword will concern those in the know.

If I were to nitpick, I’d argue it should have come with a DenGasher in sword mode. Not only did he use it before the death of Plat Form, but he also used it in Saraba, where he was intentionally made to drop the DenKamen Sword, symbolizing his independence. I really can’t complain with a straight face that the blade of the latter doesn’t come off to emulate the Ryuutaros encouraged finisher from the combined finale. I’m sure most can settle for throwing it with the help of a Tamashii stage, which was also done.

Ore-tachi, sanjou!!

4 Heavy Burdens to Bear out of 5

No comments :