A fine blend of all things Nuts: Multimedia Collections, Toys, Foods, Concerts, Occasional Petting Zoo Visits, etc.

Tuesday, September 13, 2016

Silent Hill Homecoming Playing Cards ()


This set is a goddamn mess. A picture of the cards can be found below the cut, as they contain spoilers for the game. If you've played it, go down there and have a look before reading on. "Neg, you're only showing half of the cards!" Yeah, because the red suits are both the same, and so are the black suits. Lazy. Would anyone care to explain to me why only three of the bosses are present, and they aren't all on the aces? Why are two of the parents missing? Why is there a hammer? Why is that not Alex's combat knife or the Ceremonial Dagger? Where's my boy, Curtis? You think his circular saw is enough? You're wrong.

This is an insanely sloppy offering and the only reason I own it is because I like cards and I'm a fanboy. Also, because Silent Hill merch usually amounts to $300 (before shipping) statues with shitty face sculpts. Thanks Konami.

The 1 Boss You Omitted is My Favorite. GJGJ. out of 5


If you're curious, these are actually bridge-sized playing cards. I was surprised, too!

2023 Neg, here. Is the hammer there because of Travis? It's still the wrong kind of hammer, the same as with the knife. Clearly, they had the art assets, so where are these inaccurate weapons coming from? Were they early designs that were changed? Definitely possible; look at Judge Holloway. Looks like a mad scientist...

I pawned these off on a friend, YEARS ago.

No comments :