A fine blend of all things Nuts: Multimedia Collections, Toys, Foods, Concerts, Occasional Petting Zoo Visits, etc.

Monday, September 5, 2016

Kobalt 36" Hexagonal Wrecking Bar ()


Unlike the other items in my Silent Hill collection, this one is very real. That works in my head, given Alex's status as the most combat oriented protagonist in the series. I'm very used to scaled-down weapons, to the point that when I see props in actors' bare hands, it feels intensely alien to me. Undeniably awesome, but still alien. Consequently, it's pretty trippy to hold this. The weight is intense and the metal makes minute sounds when my fingers leave its surface. The kind of thing that has to be added in post, because it's waaaaay too quiet to capture on a microphone. I know the color of the one in-game is debatable at the very best, and entirely capable of making this one completely incorrect, at worst. It's all cool, mang.

I'd love to have an accurate Ceremonial Dagger, but that'd require hitting up a professional customizer, or more likely a straight-up prop maker. I'm good.

2019 Update: There's a Spirit Crowbar out there, this year. It's MUCH smaller than this one, though also much safer and cheaper. I can imagine it being an appealing proposition for many. I do think that if you're an adult and a huge Alex fan, this is still the way to go.

5 Proficient Porcelain Pryers out of 5
Why was this a 3, for years? I didn't say a single negative thing about it. I have problems.

No comments :