A fine blend of all things Nuts: Multimedia Collections, Toys, Foods, Concerts, Occasional Petting Zoo Visits, etc.

Wednesday, April 20, 2016

S.H. Figuarts Kamen Rider Gills (2010)


As stated in my G3 nut, I ended up getting the "base" forms of the three central Agito Riders. While that's a little disappointing in G3's case, I'm actually glad in Ryo's. Exceed Gills is a bit of a mess, with pieces being prone to flying off and being prickly to handle. This figure, however, is stellar. Given that he's an organic Rider, his sculpting is top-notch. The pieces that pop out on his final form have the opposite problem here: the nubs and spikes and tendrils are tight and difficult to get in and out. I usually forgo them. He's so dynamic, as is. All I tend to change are his hands and his head. You can swap out his short and full horns(?) and give him a screaming head. Pair that with his splayed-out rage hands and prepare to be in awe.

It is difficult to get his leg up high enough for his Rider kick, I won't lie. I've seen it done, but I can't get it that far and I'm not willing to. I'm fine with that.

4½ Summer Days That Will Never Change out of 5

No comments :