A fine blend of all things Nuts: Multimedia Collections, Toys, Foods, Concerts, Occasional Petting Zoo Visits, etc.

Monday, March 7, 2016

Candy Toy Raigeki &
Gashapon Saishuu Ougi Hiden Discs (2009)



You may be able to guess from simply looking at the above pictures that Shinkenger's gimmick involves animation. Their discs are designed to be 'played' upon the praxinoscopes present on their main side-arm, the Shinkenmaru, and its remold, Kyouryuu Origami. It was the first gimmick I was exposed to, and it still feels fresh and unique. 

DX discs predictably came with their weapons and mecha. Candy toy discs all have foil-esque stickers, but are usually comparable in quality to DXs, while having additional images on their undersides and compartments to hold said candy. The exception is Ika, whose DX disc folds and has raised detailing. If Kabuto, Kajiki, and Tora exist, I'd expect their etchings to similarly be reduced to stickers*. This lightning disc isn't quite screen-accurate because of the foil sticker (and the kanji present), but it's close enough for me. If it's not for you, there's a more deluxe version with an additional animation feature. Gashapon discs have more underside adornment and come in pieces, so as to fit inside their capsules. The stickers are already applied, though.

I've pieced together what I could about the gashapon and candy toy sets below the cut.

3 Dizzying Eye-catches out of 5


*Confirmed. Though, it isn't a candy toy or gashapon. The bottom is similar to a DX disc.
 

I could say I did this for you, but I did it for me. I found Bandai's candy toy site, but I didn't have any luck with the search bar, so I had to haphazardly land on two different Shinkenger listings.

Then, weeks later, I found Shuki's list. I was close! So, close. Actually, I only had redundancies. Ergo, I nailed it? Either way, it's now confirmed. Normally, I'd just post his link and call it a day, but I did most of the work myself, and I like my cheesy jokes, so I'm leaving it all.

Here we go:

Gashapon set V1 is:
  • Shishi Origami
  • The Shield disc
  • An animation of DaiKai-Oh Higashi using its Ebibasami Honte Gaeshi finisher
  • Takeru brandishing the Rekka Daizantou, I think...
Gashapon set V2 includes:
  • Ika Origami
  • Kyouryuu Origami
  • The Saishuu Ougi disc
  • Samurai Ha-Oh using Mojikara Daidan'en
Candy Toy Set 1 is:
  • Genta doing his Senmai Oroshi finisher
  • Ika Origami
  • Shishi Origami
  • Ryuu Origami
  • Common Disc
  • Raigeki Disc (the inaccurate one from this review)

Candy Toy Set 2:
  • Super Takeru doing something.
    • Probably Shin Kaen no Mai
  • Genta doing something
    • Looks electric (boogy woogy woogy~)
  • Zen Samurai Gattai
  • Ushi Origami
  • Sukedachi (Assistance) Disc
  • Super Disc
Because of Shuki's list, I wanted to know what the other two EX releases were (besides the accurate Raigeki), since he doesn't have them listed. Thanks to ebay, I know that:

EX02 is a silhouetted figure running against a fiery background.  
EX03 is Shinken-Oh putting on its helmet.

There are some magazine exclusives out there, like a twister. Also, one of the Senshi spinning around, as in the eye-catches of the show. That could be some other manner of promotional and not necessarily from a magazine, but since it's not a show-used disc, I'm not digging any deeper.
Also, don't ask me where that Kabuto came from 😝

I did my best! Alata's satisfied.

No comments :