A fine blend of all things Nuts: Multimedia Collections, Toys, Foods, Concerts, Occasional Petting Zoo Visits, etc.

Monday, January 11, 2016

S.I.C. Kiwami Tamashii Wild Chalice (2010)


The defining feature of the S.I.C. (Super Imaginative Chogokin) line has always been its stylized take on Rider designs, at both its full and smaller, Kiwami Tamashii, scales. This figure, however, was played very straight. I’ve always liked to imagine that this is because outside of the original Rider Hero vinyl, and several gashapons, no other representation of this form exists. The thing that cements him as the permanent Chalice in my collection is that he manages to evoke both of his incarnations subtly and simultaneously. Additionally, Hajime IS the shortest of the Blade boys, meaning (in my head) he fits in perfectly with Souchaku Henshin figures. I’ve heard others say he’s difficult to stand, but I’ve never had much issue doing so.

For the record, there is a full-sized version of this, which was a convention exclusive, out there, as well.

4½ Righteous Backhands out of 5

No comments :