A fine blend of all things Nuts: Multimedia Collections, Toys, Foods, Concerts, Occasional Petting Zoo Visits, etc.

Thursday, December 17, 2015

SharkZord (2012)


Normally, I’m upset about name changes enacted by Bandai of America that completely change what a mecha is supposed to be, or represent, but I thought Kyouryuu Origami WAS a shark until I learned the actual translation of the word. Basically, I don’t begrudge them adding removable fins, that double as weapons for the 4'' figures, AT ALL. I honestly think this version is cool as shit, and I’ll gladly overlook the included, aesthetically unappealing, hyper super whatever mega mode figure. They even chose to represent the scale mostly neglected by the Japanese release, making it capable of actually being held by the Samurai Megazord.

Comparisons of the various releases can be found below the cut.

4 Powers Hidden Before Your Eyes out of 5

The Bandai Asia and BoJ releases are covered here. If you want a mecha holding him, get this and the Samurai Megazord. It’s especially appropriate to put it in the Bullzord’s hand, even if that never happened in Shinkenger, or Samurai, as far as I’m aware. Well, in his hands when they’re actually attached to him. His arms are on Samurai Ha-Oh and do hold it, but you get what I mean.

It seems that Mike got to use it, just like Chiaki, so if you’re a big Mike fan, I say get it.

No comments :